Sunday is also treat day for me. I decided earlier in the week that I would treat myself to a 90 minute massage at the Leela Palace Hotel Spa if I could go a whole week without cigarettes. On the way to the Leela, there was a big religious parade going on - this picture taken from the back of the taxi.
I've never really had a massage before so it was all a little alien and really quite funny. I was asked to light the ceremonial candle (uh oh, this is going to be all hippy-ish and bell chiming..) sat down and then this is when they started to cover me in very smelly oil that reminded me of a herb used often in food in the south of France, spent ages trying to work out what it was. Then my head and shoulders were massaged. I was then told to lie down on the floor on a sort of bed where I was covered in loads more of the smelly warm oil and massaged by 2 women using their feet holding on to a rope attached to the ceiling for balance. I was trying to relax but just kept thinking about how ridiculous it must look! Then they told me to lie on a wooden bench, I was seriously worried if I tried to climb on it I would slip straight off the other side with the amount of oil they'd put on me! I spent most of the massage trying not to giggle, which would have uncovered me as a prudish massage virgin.
Next treat will be at 1 month, so I have some time to pick wisely, possibly something with less smelly oil.
"Sunday is Funday" A slogan used by a lot of restaurants around Bangalore trying to entice the expats and IT crowd to Sunday Brunch, an all you can eat and drink extravaganza with live music. After the massage, we had Sunday Brunch at the Leela. The food and drink is exquisite. Seafood, Cold meats, European Cheeses, Salads, Indian food, European Dishes, Pizzas, Breads, BBQ Meats, Champagne, Cocktails, Wine..... (you have to understand that most of these things you can't get in daily life so to be able to have just some bread, cheese and salad that tastes like it does at home and isn't going to make you incredibly ill is such a treat!!) ......and the most fabulous array of desserts and puddings.
After all the Champagne, Mojitos, Salads, BBQ, Cheese, Bread, Indian food, Cakes and Tarts it was time to go home, lie down, rub our tummy and sleep it all off.
I videoed the desserts so you can see how much choice there is, and actually, how restrained I was with only picking 5!


No comments:
Post a Comment