Friday, 8 May 2009

Rickshaw Drivers and Lunch.



I've had a fun day with rickshaw drivers. I'm getting a liiiiiitle bit annoyed at being driven round the houses so they can get a little bit more money out of me.

Has happened twice today. LUCKILY, I have read the map of Bangalore so many times I know when they're doing it and can tap them on the shoulder and start issuing directions.

I went to Olive Beach for Lunch for Gina's 'Getting Married' lunch - picture below - lovely time and met some more lovely people. Getting out and about and meeting people cheers me up no end. (Only been grumpy because of the giving up smoking but that is getting much better already)

After that was an afternoon at the Police Commisioners Office to re-register for the FRO. (You have to register you are in India everytime you come back with a new Visa).

I have ploughed through the 25 passport photos I got done in the UK. It seems that everytime you want to do anything here you need not 1 but 5 passport photos to attach to forms.

I think it's a scam to keep photo shops in business. Either that or somewhere there is a government official who has a penchant for them and has a room in his Palacial home stacked high with them all!

The video is just me playing around with my phone on the way into town. The 'buildings' are actually shacks made out of corrugated iron - rows upon rows of them. Each row has it's own own communal toilet block and water tank plus all the cows and goats and so many children.....!

(All you can hear on the video is wind whipping past and beeping - might as well turn the sound off!)




No comments:

Post a Comment