When Bala first started working for us, he asked if we would mind if he asked us English questions. He said that Detgen-madame and Brian-sir used to help him with his English. We both said we'd be more than happy.
Words and phrases he as asked us to explain so far:
"Limelight"
"Stripper"
"Contractions"
"Rebel"
"Stealing my thunder"
"To pounce on someone"
This is not your average vocab. I really enjoy explaining the words and their various meanings.
He also asked Bas what "Pim" means. He wasn't quite sure (thought he might have meant 'Pimp' so described that to him).
I 'm not sure either, so I've looked it up online, could be Personal Information Management? Pretty sure that's not it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Is he a fan of 1950's kitchen sink drama?
ReplyDeleteVery close. I asked him where all these words were coming from. Turns out it's 'Friends'!!
ReplyDelete