Monday, 27 April 2009

Things almost never go according to plan.

Having flown back from Bangalore to London at the weekend to get my work visa, it seems that things never go as smoothly as you'd hope. Be it in India or London.

1st I discovered on the Saturday before I flew home that my name on my ticket was down as First Name: Amy van Surname: Drempt. I was not going to get to Bangalore airport at 4 in the morning to be turned away as my ticket didn't match my passport. Lose 1 afternoon trying to get ticket re-issued.

I got to work this morning at in Ealing 7.45 to drop off my Passport so it could be sent off the Embassy along with all the other documents 1st thing. All done. All fine. However, it seems that some Tamil Tiger supporters are protesting at the Indian Embassy in London so the Visa office has closed. Looks like I might not be flying back to Bangalore on Saturday afterall. Lose a weekend?.

No comments:

Post a Comment